Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Turkey Chowder

Happy Veterans Day! It is Wednesday and we are still overrun with turkey! I am determined to use all of the meat that I can so I'm not being wasteful. It's kind of cool outside so I decided to make a nice hearty chowder. The recipe is super easy and only takes a few mins to cook. Hope you like it!

Chop up an onion.



Saute the onion in 2 Tbs of butter, salt and pepper, until tender.



Chop up half of one leftover turkey breast.



To the onions, stir in 2 (10 3/4oz) cans of Cream of Potato soup



3 1/2 cups of milk



1/4 tsp of ground red pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for 5 mins.



Add the chopped turkey.



Stir in 1 cup of shredded Monterey Jack cheese.



Add salt and pepper to your liking and serve. I guess I could have topped it with some green onions or chives to make it pretty, but I forgot. Sorry. I'll try harder next time. ;)



You just can't get any easier than that! Let me tell you, this chowder was AWESOME!! You can use all kinds of meat or seafood for this recipe. I was going to use some shrimp, but that was before I cooked a whole turkey. I think next time I may use bacon, and cheddar cheese instead of Monterey Jack and throw in some green onions at the end to make it a nice potato soup. Try it out and let me know how you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment