Monday, May 11, 2009

Danish Wedding Cookies

Good Morning! I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend! I know I did. My boys and I spent Saturday and Sunday on Dauphin Island and we had a ball. Saturday we hit the beach for a little while then went to mom and dads to swim and eat supper. Sunday we walked on the beach early in the morning but had to cut it short when JW was stung by a jellyfish. We then spent the rest of the day floating in the pool and watching Scooby Doo. That evening we ate supper with my parents before heading home to get ready for the school and work week ahead.





Saturday morning I got up and decided to make some cookies for my Mama, Nanny, mother in law and JW's Godmother. Mama's favorite cookies are the Danish wedding cookies, so that is what I made.


Start by sifting some flour and a little bit of cinnamon.







Melt 2 1/2 sticks of butter





Chop up some pecans.





Sift some powdered sugar.







Mix everything together with a little vanilla extract.






The dough will be thick.







Form into 1 inch balls and bake at 350 for 10-12 mins.







Let cool slightly






Roll them in powdered sugar.






When they have cooled all the way, roll them again in powdered sugar.






So, as you can see I did not burn the house down trying to bake these cookies for my Mama. I am not a huge fan of baking, but I was pleased that they came out so well. My next baking adventure will be some lemon cookies I made a couple years ago, but I have to find the recipe first. What is your favorite cookie? I love snickerdoodles! If you have a great recipe for them, please share.

No comments:

Post a Comment