Monday, May 4, 2009

Monkey Bread

Saturday I woke up entirely too early so I washed some clothes and decided to cook breakfast. I have been wanting some monkey bread for a couple weeks now. It brings back memories of when my mom used to make it. What I really like about it is that it is so easy to make.


Combine some white sugar and cinnamon.





You will need 2 cans of jumbo biscuits (not flaky) and cut them into quarters.





Grease a bundt pan and pour some pecans in the bottom.


Toss the biscuits in the sugar and cinnamon mixture.





Start layering the biscuit quarters and sprinkle each layer with pecans.





Melt a stick of butter in a sauce pan, add some brown sugar and bring to a boil. Stir until sugar is dissolved.





Pour over the biscuits.





Bake at 350 for 30 mins.




Let cool for a few mins, then put a plate over the biscuits and flip.




You can either pull it apart or cut into pieces. How ever you decide, it is good! This is a great recipe to let the kids help with. JW was too busy watching Saturday morning cartoons to even pay me any attention. Try it out for yourself and let me know if you like it. Leave out the pecans if you want. Next time I'm adding blueberries. I'll probably make a savory version soon so check back for that.


Baby update:

My boys and I have decided on a name for the baby and it is.........Victoria Lee. Victoria is for my uncle who recently passed away and Lee has been a family name dating back to the 1900's. Lee is my grandmother, aunt and my own middle name so I really like it. We are going to call her Tori. What do you think? I love it!

2 comments:

  1. How did you know it was a Monday meant for Monkey Bread?! I'm going to make this for me and my girlies to enjoy tonight - thanks for another way cool and easy recipe!

    I love the baby's name! Victoria is a beautiful name and Tori is sweet, playful, and just a little mischevious!! :-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much sugar, cinnmaon, and brown sugar are you using? I'd love to make this, but would totally add too much or too little if I'm not given a hint, lol. ;)

    I agree with Sandie about the name; it's precious!

    ReplyDelete