Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Grillin Time!

It is that time of year!! Time to fill up the propane tanks or break out the charcoal and get your grill going. We love to grill out. I bought Mark a very nice gas grill a few Christmases ago and it is awesome. It is a 3 burner with a griddle on the side and a large cook space. You can fit a ton of food on it so it's great for when we have people over.


Seeing that I was in the grilling mood, I decided on kabobs. Pork kabobs to be exact.


Soak some wooden skewers in some water to keep them from burning.





Cut a pork tenderloin into cubes





Place them in a bag with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, pepper and olive oil. Place in the fridge.





While the meat is marinating, cut up some potatoes into strips and place in a plastic bag.




Add some salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Spread out on a cookie sheet and pop them in a 350 oven for 10 mins, flip them over and cook for another 10 mins.





Turn the grill on. Remove the meat from the fridge and start putting it on skewers with a piece of onion in between meat cubes.





Place on the grill and cook until they are done. Only turn them one time.





Take the potatoes out when they are finished. In a sauce pan, melt some butter and add garlic, Parmesan and of course, Italian seasoning. Pour over the potatoes and serve.






I also had a pack of the steam and serve veggies that you pop in the microwave, so I fixed those as well.


When everything is done there is only one thing left to do...dig in! The meat was super tender and the onions were nice and sweet. The potatoes were out of this world and the veggies hit the spot.




I'm sure for the rest of the summer I will have many postings that involve the grill. What are your favorite things to grill? I really want to try out some grilled pizza. I'll let you know how that works out.


Did you notice a difference in the picture quality? I finally bought a new battery for my camera! I'm still learning to use it, but it is better than my phone for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment