Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Cold Weather Comfort

Is there anything like a nice bowl of chili to warm your soul when it is cold outside? I think not! Fiery chicken chili is one of my favorite chili recipes in the world. I make this when friends come over, when we are going to the camp and when it is cold outside. The first time I made this for our friends, they had never had chicken chili before. Now I get requests for it often.


When I started making this chili, I didn't have a dutch oven, so thanks to my big brother and T-Fin, now I do. I love it! Along with the dutch oven you will need boneless, skinless chicken thighs, chipotles, oregano, cumin, onions, garlic, salt, paprika, pinto beans and tomatoes. Lets get started...


Cut up the chicken thighs into bite size pieces. Chop the onions, mince the garlic and mince 1 chipotle pepper. Don't forget to drain and rinse the pinto beans.









Saute the onions and garlic with the herbs and spices until onions are soft.





Stir in the chipotle and 1 TBS of adobo sauce.






Add the chicken and let cook for 5 mins.




Mix in the beans, tomatoes and another TBS of adobo sauce, if you want to. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered for 30 mins.





Uncover and simmer for another 40 mins.





Serve in a bowl with sour cream, cilantro, cheddar cheese and green onions. Avocado would be good on top too. For parties and get togethers, just put the chili in a crock pot on low, put the toppings in bowls and let your friends and family top their chili the way they want.




Give it a try and let me know what you think. If you want the recipe, just ask. Hope you all have a great day and stay warm!

2 comments:

  1. Girl you need to sent that good stuff up here to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can alway come down here for a visit! It is warmer here anyway!

    ReplyDelete