Friday, January 16, 2009

Traveling Mac

Is there anyone out there that does not like macaroni and cheese? If so, stop reading now and come back tomorrow. There nothing like a creamy mac n cheese that just came out of the oven with a golden crust of cheese on top. I'm making myself hungry!


I came across a recipe for a pasta bake with cream of mushroom. I tried it. Liked it and then made it my own. Instead of cream of mushroom, I use cheddar cheese soup. I am not big on making things that call for canned soups but trust me, this is the exception.


I started this recipe for my Mama. She is the one that taught me how to cook and I believe it to be an honor when she askes me to make something for her. She said that she has been craving some good mac n cheese, but my dad doesn't care for it too much so she won't make it for herself. That is why it is called the "Traveling Mac." I have to drive about 45 mins to take it to my Mama. It is also great to take to parties and get togethers with family and friends.









First boil enough macaroni, I use elbows, to make 3 cups. Oh and while you are at it, preheat the oven to 400.








While that is boiling, mix together the cheddar cheese soup, 8oz of the 4 cheese blend, black pepper to taste, 1/4 cup parmesan and a cup of milk.












When the noodles are done, mix everything together and pour into a greased a casserole dish, then bake for 20 mins. I like to sprinkle a little parmesan on top before it goes in, but you don't have to.









This batch will be traveling to Dauphin Island, AL to be enjoyed by my wonderful parents. One for now and one for later. Mama will have to bake it when it gets there. Sorry no picture of the golden masterpiece. Guess you will have to make your own now.







I hope you all enjoy this as much as my family and I do. It really is awesome. Make it your own. Try different cheeses or something. Be creative! Let me know how it turns out!

1 comment:

  1. I love that recipe. Most of the homemade mac and cheese recipes and way too complicated. This sounds great and quick and easy!

    -Laura

    ReplyDelete