Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Moon Pie Bienville

I do believe that this is one of the coolest recipes ever! It is sort of a cross between a trifle and banana pudding. I love both. I didn't repeat the layers to make it more trifle-ish, but I'm sure you can if you want to. Especially if you have a pretty trifle bowl to put it in. Note to self: buy trifle bowl.


In the last blog I left off with the conundrum of figuring out what flavor Moon Pie to use. I finally settled on banana.


Start by mixing vanilla pudding with 1/2 cup less milk than the directions call for.








Mix 1/4 cup of sour cream with sweetened condensed milk, then blend with the pudding.







Fold in 12oz of whipped cream






Cut Moon Pies into bite size pieces and arrange on the bottom of a casserole dish.









Top with sliced bananas.









Spread pudding mixture on top.










Refrigerate overnight.





One word: YUMMY!! I hope you all try this recipe sometime. Try it out on all of your friends and family. Let me know how it turns out! Don't forget the other Moon Pie flavors!

5 comments:

  1. Sjon, I love you and I love your recipes. This, however, made me want to throw up a little in my mouth.

    Sour cream and bananas. Ohmy.

    -Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that the sour cream is a little off putting but if you can move beyond that, this recipe is like the ultimate banana pudding. Seriously, it is SOOOOO good. Try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i hate bananas. i hate moon pies. we are at an impasse!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess there will be no pleasing the Fin girls today. Maybe Friday....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is it kinda like Nilla wafer pudding?

    ReplyDelete