Friday, January 23, 2009

Loafing Around

I have been wanting some good meatloaf for the past few weeks so I found a great recipe on Cooking Light called BBQ meatloaf. What a perfect combo, meat and BBQ sauce. I had almost all of the ingredients at home, except for the meat. I like to buy meat the day I need it. If it goes in the freezer, it may never come out unless it is being trashed 6 months later.



Before we get started, preheat oven to 350.



I bought 1.5 pounds of lean ground beef and dumped it in the bowl.





Then I added 1 tablespoon of Stubb's BBQ sauce. If you have never had Stubb's before, run out and get it! They don't sell it in all of the stores, so you may have to do some store hoppin'. It has just the right amount of spice and twang to it. LOVE IT!!






Also added was mustard, onions, chili power, garlic powder, salt, pepper, breadcrumbs and 2 egg whites.









Mix it all together my hand, breaking up the meat as you go.










Drop it into a greased loaf pan and top with BBQ sauce.








Let it bake for 1 hour. Take it out and let stand for 10 mins. Cut into 12 slices. The serving size is 2 slices.







I'm served this with green beans, but that is for another blog. I know, mashed potatoes would be wonderful, but I was out of potatoes. If you have any leftovers, which I doubt, you can always take 2 pieces of white bread, spread some BBQ sauce on them and put the meatloaf in between. Great midnight snack!

No comments:

Post a Comment