Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Baked Spaghetti

Years ago when Mark and I first got married I started making this super easy dish and he has loved it ever since. I sometimes make this for our friends when they come over. I have also delivered this meal to loved ones that are sick, just had babies...ect.


Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees and put some noodles on to boil. It doesn't matter what kind of noodles. I used elbows this time but I have used spaghetti before.

Start by sauteing some minced garlic in a little olive oil.





Chop up some pepperonis.





Brown some lean ground beef and add the pepperonis. You will want to drain off the fat. I forgot to this time.




Pour some spaghetti sauce on top and let simmer for a few mins. Add some fresh Parmesan and stir together.








Drain the noodles.
Add some of the sauce mixture to coat the noodles. Pour into a 9x9 casserole dish and spread the remaining sauce on top.








Top with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Let bake for 15-20 mins.






I like to serve mine in bowls. There is something about seeing a heap of meat and noodles in a bowl that makes you want to inhale your food. They are also great for when you curl up on the couch in front of the TV for a midnight snack. Not that I would know anything about that....I'm just saying it would be a good idea.

You don't have to use just ground beef for this. I have used some Italian sausage and salami before. Try it out. Make it your own. This stuff is so good that you really shouldn't count on leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment