Friday, February 27, 2009

Ultimate Leftovers

When I made the BBQ Bakers a few days ago, I had a ton of meat left over that needed to be put to good use. I also found some leftover corn tortillas that needed to be used as well. Not wanting to be wasteful, I decided on BBQ nachos. I know it is not the normal thing to do with leftovers, but I'm here to try new things and share them with you.


First you will need to get some oil ready for frying and make sure you have some room in your arteries for what's to come.

Cut the corn tortillas into quarters.





Fry them until lightly golden.





Remove and sprinkle with salt.




Remove the leftover meat from the fridge and microwave it for a few seconds to loosen it up.


Put the chips on a cookie sheet and top with meat.


Pour on the BBQ sauce.




Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.




Broil for a few minutes but do not leave it by its self. It will burn before you know it!






Remove and enjoy! I like to top mine with sour cream and extra BBQ sauce.





Hopefully you will have a chance to try these wounderful nachos soon. Your family and friends will love it. Talk about something great for watching ball games or just when your friends come over. Feel free to jazz it up some too. Red onions and jalapeno peppers would be an awesome addition. Make it your own! Hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment