Friday, March 20, 2009

Breakfast of Champions

Wednesday's blog featured what Mark and I cooked for supper on Saturday. Today I will show you what I did with the leftovers.


Almost every Sunday morning I get up and cook breakfast for my boys. It is a tradition that I take great pride in. This Sunday I broke out the leftovers, some eggs and cheese and got to work.


To start with I cut up the remaining fries into small pieces like country style hash browns.





Saute some onions in a little bit of oil.





Add the cut up potatoes and cook for a few mins.





When they are finished, top with freshly shredded cheese.





I am a scrambled egg fan, so while the potatoes were cooking I got the eggs going in another pan.




When they were done, top them with a little cheese as well.





Have you ever had a chicken biscuit? I love them so I heated the leftover biscuits and chicken. The key to a good chicken biscuit is mayonnaise and pickles!




I know what you may be thinking, but don't knock it until you try it. I just wish I had better biscuits, but that just means that I will have to make some from scratch. That means sausage gravy will have to made as well. Now I'm hungry for breakfast!
To complete those hash browns you will need to smother them with ketchup! You can even add some to the scrambled eggs or even some salsa. By using the leftovers, I don't have to feel guilty about throwing food in the trash or feeding it to Thibodeau (even though he loves it). You can't beat that. What are your breakfast traditions?

2 comments:

  1. Finally someone who knows what goes on a chicken biscuit!!! Mayo and pickles are great on a steak biscuit too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Another Foodette!

    Hello from New England! I review all sorts of things...great blog!

    ReplyDelete