Monday, March 23, 2009

Fish on Friday

If you are Catholic then you should know that it is customary to eat fish on Friday during Lent. My boys are Catholic and I went to Catholic school for a few years, so we try to abide by this tradition.


I really do not like to fry fish in the house, but we were out of propane for the grill and I already had the fish thawed out. The fish is question was cod. I prefer cod over catfish any day. I am not a fan of dirt flavored fish.


After cutting the fish into small pieces, I covered them with seasoned flour.




While the oil was getting hot, I cut up some broccoli (fresh from my Nanny's garden), sliced some onion and chopped up some garlic.







As the fish began to fry I sauteed the onions, garlic and broccoli in sesame oil. I also added some soy sauce to give it flavor.








The cod was perfectly golden, flaky and delicious. Serve with ketchup and lemons and you are set!




Sorry for the lack of pictures. For some reason, my mind must have been wandering while I was cooking. A friend on Twitter said that babies have a way of sucking your brain cells out of you head and down to them, so I am going to stick with that.


Oh, BTW...my boys hate broccoli. The only reason why I cooked it was because my Nanny gave it to me and I didn't want to waste it. I made them eat at least one bite but you would think I was trying to kill them. I ended up eating most of it. I thought it was good.
Maybe next time we will pick up a fish dinner from the booster club at JW's school. My house won't smell like fish and I won't have complaints about broccoli!

No comments:

Post a Comment