Monday, March 30, 2009

Pot Roast Leftovers #2

One of my followers on Twitter was telling me what he does with his leftover pot roast meat so I decided to share it with you.


Start by cutting the leftover meat into strips.





Throw it in a pan with cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper.





Add some water and let it simmer until all of the water is soaked up.





Break out the handy dandy quesadilla maker. Mine happens to be a wedding gift from my attorney. It has lasted 6 years and I love it! I wish I had 2.


Shred some cheese and have the salt and pepper. You will also need some flour tortillas.





The first quesadilla I made was for JW. He didn't want any meat so he got a cheese quesadilla. Place one tortilla on the quesadilla maker, top with cheese, salt and pepper. Top with another tortilla and close the lid. Let cook for a few mins, remove quesadilla and slice into triangles.





Master JW was served on his favorite Spiderman plate, of course.





The next ones were made for Mark and I. Place one tortilla on the maker, add cheese, salt, pepper and meat. Top with another tortilla and close the lid. You don't have to spread the cheese all over the tortilla either. It will spread once it warms up.







When it's ready, remove, slice and serve. Sour cream and salsa are perfect to serve with this.





There are tons of ways to make this your own. Chicken and cheese, steak and blue cheese, veggies and cheese. Whatever you like. Its easy and tastes really good. In the past we have had people over for Mexican night and let everyone make their own quesadilla. That is why I need 2. If you don't have a quesadilla maker then use a skillet, but you will have to flip it over to cook both sides. You could even use one tortilla and just fold it in half. Have fun with it, whatever you do.


Coming up this week: Super easy raviolis and BBQ pork chops!

No comments:

Post a Comment